4th – 5th grade
30 -45 minute classes for children who are 9/10 (turning 10/11) that continue to build on the foundations of tap, ballet, jazz, and hip hop, and introduce lyrical. Dancers continue to learn the language of dance and become more aware of body placement and technique. These dancers also begin to consider adding competitive or sTAr assistant opportunities to their training!
- Ballet: dancers receive technical training which includes the positions and terminology of classical ballet. Those skills are applied in the center, in across the floor exercises and at the barre. All other forms of dance require a ballet foundation in order to achieve success.
- Tap: dancers gain the knowledge of tap terminology while gaining a sense of rhythm and timing and discovering isolation. Barre, center and across the floor exercises help increase speed, style and clarity in their sounds.
- Jazz: dancers warm up in the center and progress in the stylistic movements of jazz with across the floor combinations. Along with rhythm, musicality and presentation dancers gain awareness of correct body placement, technique and flexibility.
- Hip Hop: dancers participate in a high-energy warm up and across the floor/center combinations that include the latest movements in this popular style to age-appropriate music.
- Lyrical: dancers will participate in warm up, isolations, stretches, across the floor progressions, and choreography combinations. Class exercises focus on increasing flexibility and strength, rhythms and isolation of body parts, and expressing personal style.
Click here for Summer Info
Click here for Dress Code